The daily maintenance of electric forklifts after a long period of use mainly includes these tasks:
1. Carry out a comprehensive cleaning of electric forklifts, focusing on cleaning these parts: fork frame and mast slide, generator and starter, battery electrode fork column, water tank, air filter.
2. It is necessary to conduct a comprehensive inspection of the firmness of each part, and pay attention to these parts: fork frame support, lifting chain tightening screws, wheel screws, wheel fixing pins, brakes, and steering gear screws.
3. Check the reliability and flexibility of the steering gear of the electric forklift.
4. Check the leakage of the electric forklift, focusing on: various pipe joints, diesel tanks, oil tanks, brake pumps, lifting cylinders, tilt cylinders, water tanks, water pumps, engine oil pans, torque converters, transmissions, drive axles, Main reducer, hydraulic steering gear, steering cylinder.
5. Check the tire pressure of the electric forklift: if it is insufficient, it should be added to the specified value to confirm that there is no air leakage. Check whether the tire contact surface and sides are damaged, and whether the rim is deformed.
6. Check the brake fluid and water volume of electric forklift trucks: check whether the brake fluid is within the scale range, and check whether air is mixed in the brake pipeline. When adding brake fluid, prevent dust and water from mixing. When adding water to the water tank, use clean tap water. If antifreeze is used, the same antifreeze should be added. When the water temperature is higher than 70℃, do not open the water tank cover. When opening the cover, put a thin cloth on it and do not twist the water tank cover with gloves.
7. Check the oil level, hydraulic oil and electrolyte of the electric forklift engine: first pull out the oil dipstick, clean the dipstick head, insert it and pull it out to check whether the oil level is between the two scale lines. The oil level in the working oil tank should be between the two scale lines; if there is too little oil, air will be mixed in the pipeline, and too much will overflow from the cover. The battery electrolyte should also be between the upper and lower scale lines. If it is insufficient, add distilled water to the top line.
8. Check the brake pedal, micro-motion pedal, clutch pedal, and hand brake of the electric forklift: step on each pedal to check whether there is abnormal dullness or jamming. The force of the hand brake handle of the second-hand electric forklift should be less than 300N to confirm that the hand brake is safe and reliable.
9. Inspection of belts, horns, lights, instruments, etc. of electric forklifts: Check whether the belt tightness of second-hand electric forklifts meets the regulations, there is no adjustment margin or breakage and cracks, which must be replaced; horns, lights, and instruments should be normal and effective.
10. Remove the sediment from the oil filter.
Maintain and use the forklift in strict accordance with the maintenance instructions. Generally, the life of a forklift is about ten years. However, in an overloaded working environment, the forklift is the same as a car and needs to be rested or replaced.